Created by Victoria Mann !!
- Autumn is the perfect time to wear your favorite cozy sweater! Choose a book that comforts you.
A comforting book I re-read at least once ever year is The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I first read this in fifth grade and I’ve fallen in love with the world again and again as I grow older. It is such a simple, comforting story that is also so resonant.
- When the weather outside gets chilly, curling up by the fireplace is the perfect place to be! Choose a book that gets you heated. (ex: steamy in a sexy way or upset in a mad way)
I recently read Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert, and WOW this book was steamy! I highly recommend if you’re looking for an romance that is equally sexy and wholesome.
- Hot chocolate is the ideal treat for any brisk evening! Choose a book that’s indulgently sweet.
For this one, I pick The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang. This book was SO CUTE and I related to the main character, Stella, SO MUCH. The romance was so sweet and wholesome.
- The world around you is changing as the leaves make their way towards the ground. Choose a book that you read in the midst of change that helped you in some way.
This is a really random one, but A Practical Education by Randall Stross. I read this during my first year of college amidst changing my major from computer science to women’s studies, and I was so anxious that I was making the wrong decision. This book really affirmed for me that I was on a good path and that my liberal arts education was worth it! (And I was right, I’ve learned so much in the last two years.)
- We’re all stuffed after eating our weight in homemade casseroles and pies with our loved ones! Choose a book that left you satisfied.
I loved On the Come Up by Angie Thomas so much. Obviously, Angie Thomas is a really talented writer, but I was just so satisfied with this story and this world.
- Whether you participate in Black Friday or Cyber Monday, we’re all looking for a good deal! Choose a book that you bought because it was on sale.
Weirdly enough, Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn. Which I still have not read.
- Halloween night is the perfect time to read something spooky! Choose a book that scared you.
Through the Woods by Emily Carroll!! This was actually terrifying. And is a graphic novel!!
- An evening stroll in the crisp night air is a wonderful way to clear your mind! Choose a book that was refreshing in some way.
I was so refreshed when reading Something to Talk About by Meryl Wilsner. As a sapphic myself, I really try to seek out sapphic romance and I find that most is YA. While I do enjoy living vicariously through teenagers, I really enjoyed this one for an amazing adult sapphic romance. It was so refreshing to read with my own future in my mind and feel like my identity has been seen.
- Holiday drinks such as Starbucks’s Pumpkin Spice Latte might be overhyped but that doesn’t stop us from drinking them! Choose a popular/overhyped book you unashamedly love.
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. This was amazing. I love it. I don’t care that it’s popular. It’s the best.
- Autumn Break is a time to spend with your family whether it’s the one you were born with or the one you chose! Choose a book that feels like home.
When I reread Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamine Alire Sáenz, it feels like coming home. It is such a wonderful novel.
- Tag friends who love fall!
I tag anyone reading this!! This is a really fun and thoughtful tag, so make sure to check out the creator’s original video (linked above)! The original tag also has bonus questions that I didn’t include here but are also super fun!!